Tender, insanely tasty and very easy to make, these salami meatballs are a real treat, excellent as a meat main course as well as to season a pasta dish or even to stuff a sandwich.
Serves 3-4, Preparation 20 min, Cooking 30 min
- 500 g Salami paste spread or Salame Milano to be minced
- 1 boiled mashed potato
- 2 medium-sized eggs at room temperature
- Grated Parmigiano cheese, 1 tablespoon
- nutmeg, a pinch
- 500 ml Tomato Passata
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil – EVOO
- a sprig of fresh thyme
- Salt, to taste
- Ground Black pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, place the salami paste or chopped Salame Milano, the mashed boiled potato, eggs, grated Parmigiano cheese, a pinch of nutmeg, salt and black ground pepper to taste, mix until smooth. Take pieces of the mixture and form meatballs about 2 cm in diameter.
Brown 2 garlic cloves with thyme sprig in 4 tablespoons of EVOO, add tomato passata, a pinch of salt and black pepper, stir and cook about 15 minutes.
Plunge meatballs in the sauce, cook further 15 minutes, serve.