One-pot recipe for this easy-to-make chunky stewed chicken. Frozen bagged peas work great and save time. We also used canned Italian peeled tomatoes. The outcome is exceptionally tasty.
Serves 4, Preparation 15 mins, Cooking 20 mins
- 800 g chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 400 ml tinned Italian plum peeled tomatoes
- 400 g bagged peas
- half a glass of dry white wine
- 50 g plain flour
- 80 ml hot water or hot meat stock
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) or Olive oil
- a pinch of fine salt
- A bunch of chopped parsley
Crush plum peeled tomatoes with a fork,place them in a bowl.
Coat chicken pieces in flour, coating them completely.
In a non-stick frying pan, heat 3 tablespoons of EVOO, brown garlic cloves, add chicken chunks and cook 5 minutes over medium-heat until golden brown, then deglaze with the white wine.
Now pour in the hot water or meat stock, stir, add crushed peeled tomatoes and peas. A pinch of salt, lid covered, cook 15-20 minutes or until the sauce thickens a bit.
Turn off the heat, remove the garlic and add the chopped parsley. Serve.