A flaky fragrant savoury puff pastry pie filled with canned tuna and onion. Simple and satisfying, great for a starter, dinner and also snacks.
Serves 2-3, Springform Cake Tin 20-24 cm diameter, Preparation 10 mins, Cooking about 20-25 mins
- Canned tuna in olive oil or spring water, 3 cans
- 2 medium onions, finely sliced
- Chopped desalted capers, a handful
- 1 beaten egg + a drop of milk for egg-wash
- A sprig of fresh thyme or a teaspoon of dried thyme
- a pinch of salt and black pepper
Break the canned tuna into pieces, add the onion slices together with the roughly chopped capers or even left whole, the thyme, a pinch of salt and black pepper and a dash of EVOO. Stir and keep aside.
Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F / Gas 4.
Unroll the puff pastry and prick it so that it does not puff up during baking.
Line the cake tin with baking paper, place the puff pastry sheet and pour in the filling, flattening it a little with a fork and making it stick to the edges. Close the pie with the flaps of puff pastry.
Brush the top with egg-wash, bake in the preheated static oven 20-25 minutes.
Allow to cool a little before removing from the springform cake tin.