All-day vegetables with a distinct Mediterranean twist. Simple and tasty to eat just as they are or to pair as side-dish with fish or meat.
For a baking tray 40×30 cm, Preparation 15 minutes, Cooking approx. 35-40 minutes
- 2 white onions cut into thick slices
- 3 peeled garlic cloves
- 2 generous tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 5-6 fresh sage leaves
- a few leaves of fresh marjoram or a teaspoon of it
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into pieces
- 7-8 red Desiree potatoes, unpeeled, halved or cut into chunks depending on size
- 2 bunches of cherry tomatoes
- salt to taste
- ground white pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 180C / 350 F / Gas 4.
In a large bowl, add two generous tablespoons of oil, put the vegetables together with the herbs, a pinch of salt and ground white pepper, mix them with your hands, let them season for a few minutes.
Oil non-stick baking tray, place in the vegetables avoiding placing them one above the other.
Pour in a little more EVOO and bake in a preheated static oven for about 35-40 minutes. Check the vegetables from time to time, stirring them a little. Serve hot.