Ricotta, hazelnuts and pomegranate seeds are a boost of energy and taste perfect for breakfast or as mid-afternoon snack.
Serves: 2 | Preparation time: 10 min.
- Bread of your choice: 2 slices
- Whole roasted hazelnuts or Roasted Chopped Hazelnuts : 40 g
- Italian Cow’s milk ricotta cheese: 80 g
- Pomegranate seeds, to taste
- Brown sugar, one teaspoon or a drizzle of honey
- Cinnamon powder, a sprinkle
If you cannot find already roasted chopped hazelnuts, just put them in a frying pan for a few minutes.
Coarsely chop the whole hazelnuts with a knife.
Toast the bread slices 5 minutes in a frying pan or in the oven, without adding butter or other fat.
In a bowl, mix the ricotta cheese with a teaspoon of brown sugar or honey.
Spread the cottage cheese on each slice of toast, then add the toasted hazelnut pieces and a sprinkling of cinnamon.