A rich and very flavoursome side-dish that can also easily become a primo piatto if paired with pasta or rice.
Serves 2-3, Preparation 5 minutes, Cooking 10-15 minutes
- Sweet Mini Peppers, 1 packet 300 g
- Salami Pepperoni diced or sliced, approx. 100 g
- 2 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 cloves of peeled garlic
- A few leaves of fresh basil
- a teaspoon of dried thyme
- Salt, a pinch
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 3 tablespoons
Dice the potatoes and in meantime heat 3 tablespoons of EVOO in a frying pan, brown 2 cloves of peeled garlic, then add the potato cubes and cook for about 5 minutes. If you notice that they tend to stick to the pan, add a drop of water if necessary.
Afterwards, add the sweet mini peppers, a pinch of salt and some dry thyme, stir and cook until the mini peppers are wilted. Add the pepperoni cubes or slices, a few fresh basil leaves, cook and stir approx. 10 mins.