A time-saving canned smoked mackerel spread is a great idea that can be prepared in minutes either to spread on a slice of toasted bread or to fill a sandwich and even to season pasta or rice.
Serves: 6-8 | Preparation time: 5 mins |
- Canned smoked mackerel, drained: 500 g
- Italian Ricotta cheese: 350 g
- Anchovy fillets in olive oil: 2 or Anchovy paste: 2 tbsp
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO): 3 tbsp
- Capers: 40 g, rinsed and roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper: to taste
- A sprig of fresh parsley, chopped
Dry the anchovy fillets with kitchen paper to remove most of the oil and chop them.
In a blender, place the chopped mackerel, chopped capers, pulled anchovy fillets and chopped parsley. Give it a first coarse shake.
Now add the ricotta, 3 tablespoons of EVOO, a pinch of salt and pepper and blend until smooth and homogeneous.
Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.