Fluffy homemade pizza muffins, quick to prepare and a nice idea for an appetiser, snack or buffet.
Makes 6 Pizza Muffins, Preparation time 15 mins, Cooking time 20 to 25 mins
- 250 g Italian 00 Flour or Plain flour/All Purpose Flour, sifted
- 130 ml water at room temperature
- 30 ml EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 Mozzarella, shredded or freshly diced
- Tomato sauce, to taste
- Dried oregano, to taste
- desalted capers and pitted black olives, to taste
- a couple of cherry tomatoes, optional
Preheat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas 6.
Put sifted flour and yeast in a bowl, add water a little at a time, start mixing with a wooden spoon, then add EVOO, mix again.
Add the teaspoon of salt, knead with your hands for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth.
Divide it into 6 portions, spread them out a little by placing them directly into the paper-lined or lightly oiled muffin tin.
Stuff with a spoonful of tomato sauce, diced mozzarella, capers and olives cut into rounds and a sprinkling of dried oregano.
Fold them over slightly as if to form a bundle to better enclose the sauce.
Bake for about 20 minutes in a static oven, allow them to cool to room temperature before serving.