We were inspired by the Florentine Carabaccia soup carabaccia-florentine-onion-cinnamon-and-almond-soup/ for this side dish. We added aromatic herbs to give an extra touch.
Servings 3-4, Preparation 10 mins, Cooking time about 30 mins
- Baby onions, approx. 700 gr
- Fresh sage and rosemary, 2 sprigs
- Powdered cinnamon, 1 tablespoon
- Salt and black pepper, a pinch
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2-3 tablespoons
Peel the onions, season with a little oil, a pinch of salt, black pepper and cinnamon powder, mix and set aside.
In an oven dish, add a splash of oil, add baby onions, herbs and a drop of water, cover with a lid and bake in a static oven to 180°C/ 350 F/ Gas 4 for about 20 minutes, the last 10 minutes without the lid. Stir occasionally, drizzling the baby onions with the sauce. Serve.