Stir-fried prawns combined with a gentle mint sauce that enhances taste and freshness.
Serves 2, Preparation 20 mins, Cooking 10 mins
- Fresh or frozen prawns, about 10-12
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tbsp
- a drizzle of dry white wine
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of white pepper
For the mint sauce:
- a bunch of fresh mint, about 30 g
- 2 tablespoons tap water at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 level teaspoon caster sugar
- few leaves of parsley, chopped – optional
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons
Coarsely chop mint leaves to place in an immersion blender with a few parsley leaves (optional), 2 tablespoons of EVOO, 2 tablespoons of tap water, 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
1 level tablespoon of caster sugar, a pinch of salt and blend until it becomes fluid and smooth. Set aside.
If you are not using pre-cleaned prawns, peel them, with a sharp knife make a shallow cut along the black line on the back of the prawn, remove it with a toothpick or the tip of the knife, rinse under running water. Gently pat dry them with kitchen paper.
Heat 2 tablespoons of EVOO in a non-stick frying pan, brown the garlic clove then remove it, throw the prawns in the pan, brown them on both sides for 1 max 2 minutes, salt and pepper and a drizzle of dry white wine, allow to evaporate, add mint sauce, turn off the heat, stir and serve.