Smooth and effortless with the texture of a cloud, this frittata with tomatoes and potatoes is cooked in the oven. An smart alternative to the traditional Italian pan-fried frittata.
Serves 4, Preparation 10 mins, Cooking 25 – 30 mins
- 8 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 small sliced onion
- 2 medium-large tomatoes or 7-8 cherry tomatoes, to slice
- 2 standard-sized potatoes, sliced or diced
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- a sprig of chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano cheese
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons
Start by preheating the oven to 180° /350 F / Gas 4.
In a bowl, whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt and black pepper energetically until frothy, then add grated Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and mix.
Heat 2 tablespoons of EVOO in a non-stick pan, sauté the onion and brown the potatoes over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add to the egg mixture in the bowl and stir, add a few tomato slices, leaving some aside.
Pour it into a lightly oiled non-stick baking dish, add a few tomato slices on top as garnish and bake in a static oven 20 to 25 minutes, depending on your oven. As soon as a crust begins to form, take out of the oven, allow to cool slightly, serve.