A light yet tasty soup, perhaps served with crostini or toasted bread becomes even more enjoyable.
Serves 2, Preparation time 10 mins, Cooking time 50 mins
- 2 Celery stalks, possibly with leaves
- Medium-sized Yellow Potatoes, 3
- Hot Vegetable broth, to taste
- Tomato paste, 1 tablespoon
- Bay Leaves, 2
- Garlic cloves, 2
- A little white onion or a shallot
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Grated Parmigiano, to taste
Prepare the vegetable broth and keep it hot enough.
Cut celery stalks and potatoes into chunks, slice onion.
Heat the oil in a saucepan, sauté the garlic, onion and bay leaf and let them sizzle for a few minutes.
Add the chopped celery and its leaves, cook them for a few minutes, then add the potatoes and brown them.
Add the tomato puree, stir. Pour in the hot broth to cover he vegetables are covered, season with salt , cover with a lid. Check the cooking time from time to time. If it gets too dry, pour in more broth.
Remove both garlic cloves and bay leaves and serve with a sprinkle of grated Parmigiano and black pepper. Serve.