Sun-dried tomatoes and pancetta for a tasty pasta which is prepared in less than 10 minutes.
Serves: 2 | Preparation time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- artisanal-pasta, Fusilli or Rigatoni: 180 g
- Sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil: 60 g – canned-food
- Cherry tomatoes, 2-3
- Packaged Italian unsmoked Pancetta ( cured pork belly ) : 50 g
- Tomato puree: a teaspoon – italian-tomato
- Garlic: 2 cloves
- Thyme, fresh: 1 sprig
- extra-virgin-olive-oil: 2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper: to taste
Boil pasta in plenty of salted water and drain when it is still ‘al dente‘, i.e. drain it 2 mins before the standard cooking. Keep a ladle of cooking water aside for later.
Drain sun-dried tomatoes from their oil, cut them coarsely. Halve cherry tomatoes.
Brown garlic cloves in 2 tablespoons of olive oil along with pancetta, turning occasionally. Add cherry tomatoes, stir-fry them for 2 mins, add thyme and sun-dried tomatoes, remove the garlic, add a tsp of tomato puree, a bit of the cooking water you set aside, stir well so to get a nice creaminess.
Add pasta to the pan, sautéeing everything for 2 mins. Serve warm.