This inexpensive Mackerel Mousse is a great idea to enjoy tinned fish in a different way: it takes only few minutes and you’ll be savouring a delicious sauce to enjoy on a Bruschetta or to season a dish of pasta.
We have replaced cream cheese with ricotta cheese.
Serves: 8 | Preparation time: 5 mins |
- Tinned smoked mackerel: 500 g
- Italian Ricotta cheese: 350 g
- Anchovy fillets in olive oil: 2 or Anchovy paste: 2 tbsp
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO): 3 tbsp
- Capers: 40 g, rinsed and roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper: to taste
- A sprig of fresh parsley
Finely chop the parsley. Dry the anchovies with some kitchen paper to get rid of most of their oil.
Break up the drained mackerel, add it to the mixer together with chopped parsley, chopped capers and anchovies. Give a first coarse blend.
Now add ricotta cheese, EVOO, a pinch of salt and pepper and blend together until smooth and homogeneous.
Store in the fridge at least for an hour before serving.